Research by Steven L. Brawley
Jackie Depicted on Television
- In Breaking Bad: "Madrigal", Mike likens Lydia to "Jackie Onassis" because of her insistence on wearing sunglasses during a clandestine meeting.
- Elizabeth Lambert plays Kennedy in Dark Skies: "Moving Targets."
- Laura Yonker plays Kennedy in Days That Shook the World: "JFK".
- In one episode of The Drew Carey Show, Mimi Bobeck shows up to work wearing oversized glasses and a scarf over her hair due to an allergic reaction to her makeup. This prompts Drew to remark, "It's Jackie! Oh my God!"
- In Family Guy: "E. Peterbus Unum", Lois is dressed in the a pink Chanel suit while giving tours of Petoria. There is also a reference to Jackie Onassis in "The Road to the Multiverse", in which she is portrayed as the wife of the "Mayor Mccheese" on a scene similar to Zapruder film.
- Jackie O's famous pillbox hat is featured in The Flintstones: "Social Climbers" (original airdate November 17, 1961). In it, Wilma and Betty are visiting one of Bedrock's houses of Haute Couture to look for a dress for the Ambassador's Reception and Betty comments on the new "Jackie Kennerock" look.
- One sketch on French and Saunders depicts Onassis as a vacuous, shifty woman.
- In Futurama: "A Taste of Freedom", the outfit Amy wears during Zoidberg's trial is similar to Onassis' style.
- In Series 6, Episode 21 of Gilmore Girls, Lorelai walks into her parents' living room to find Emily lying on the couch and says, "Oh, I'm sorry Mrs. Onassis, I was looking for my mother".
- In the season two episode Gossip Girl: "Seder Anything", Blair Waldorf mentions that "if being a socialite is good enough for Jackie O, it's good enough for me."
- In one episode of King of the Hill, several 1970's icons are on a murder mystery train. As Jacqueline enters, a character says: "Oh look, Jackie O." Jackie is wearing large sunglasses and a scarf.
- Onassis appears as a character in an episode of the Japanese anime Lupin the 3rd.
- In Married...With Children: "Dud Bowl" (season nine), Polk High School's rival, George S. Patton High, is renamed Jackie Onassis High. The school's mascot is the First Ladies, and the uniforms are pink and black. This is a reference to a famous Chanel suit Onassis wore on the day her first husband was assassinated.
- The school attended by the characters of Popular is named Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis High School.
- The season five premiere of Quantum Leap involves a storyline where Sam "leaps" into Lee Harvey Oswald and fails to save President Kennedy from his assassination. Then, "leaping" into Secret Service agent Clint Hill, Sam discovers from Al that he wasn't there to save the President, he was there to save Onassis (implying that in an earlier timeline she died as well).
- In one episode of Queer as Folk, Emmett dresses up as Onassis for a party thrown by Michael and David. In an apparent reference to her husband's assassination, shrimp cocktail is spilled on his coat, causing it to resemble Onassis' blood-spattered suit after JFK's assassination.
- In Seinfeld: "The Chaperone", Elaine Benes (Julia Louis-Dreyfus) interviews for Onassis' former job as editor at Doubleday and wears large sunglasses and a scarf over her hair in a style similar to that of Onassis.
- Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis is referenced in The Simpsons in several ways. Marge Simpson's mother is named Jacqueline Ingrid Bouvierα, and Marge Simpson was made known of the origin of her maiden name by Lisa when she wanted to adopt the maiden name after exposing Homer's betting scandal on Homer and Lisa Exchange Cross Words. Marge mistakenly thought "Jackie-O", as in Onaissis, was her maiden name. Mayor Quimby speaks with inflections similar to those of the former President, and his wife resembles Onassis.
- In the The Sopranos: "Kennedy and Heidi" (season six, part two), Tony likens Kelli Lombardo Moltisanti to Jackie Kennedy, when he sees Kelli at Chris' funeral.
- That '70s Show: "Eric's Drunken Tattoo" references Onassis. Michael Kelso (Ashton Kutcher) mumbles the name "Jackie" in his sleep. It is implied that he was referring to Jackie Burkhart (Mila Kunis); however, it is revealed that he is referring to Onassis.
- In Vampire Diaries: "The Last Dance" (season two), Caroline goes to the sixties decade dance as Jackie Kennedy and her boyfriend Matt goes as JFK.
- The The Venture Bros. character Dr. Girlfriend resembles Onassis, but talks in a deep male voice meant to be an exaggeration of Onassis' voice, made husky due to her excessive smoking. In the fourth episode of the third season, "Home Is Where the Hate Is", Dr. Girlfriend is given the following clues during a party game: "You're married to a powerful man", "You're famous for your pink suit and pillbox hat". Dr. Girlfriend is confused and, upon discovering the name she was assigned, exclaims: "Who the hell is Jacqueline Onassis?"